Valentine’s Day is coming up and that makes me think of everything pink and red!! It’s also my Andie’s birthday on Valentine’s Day which makes the holiday a little bit more special!! My calling in church is Personal Progress, so once a month I get the opportunity to play with the girls in my ward. Of course, I have to bring a treat and since it’s January I wanted to do something that was bright and colorful. This is what I came up with……Cherry Limeade Cupcakes!!!
I hooked my husband by making the best cherry limeade drink when we were dating, go figure!
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
8 Tablespoons lime juice
3 Tablespoons lime zest
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 egg whites
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with the liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until combined. Add vanilla, lime juice and lime zest and mix.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, slowly, and mix well.
- Fill cupcakes liners until they are 3/4 full and bake for 22 to 25 minutes. Squeeze fresh lime juice on each cupcake. Cool completely before frosting.
Cherry Marshmallow Frosting
2 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1 large tub marshmallow creme
4 Tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- Mix cream cheese, marshmallow creme and maraschino juice together until its creamy.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chopped cherries.
- Frost those cupcakes!!!!!!!