If you love cherry limeades, you’ll love these cherry limeade cupcakes. Your favorite drink in cupcake form!
Valentine’s Day is coming up and that makes me think of everything pink and red!! It’s also my Andie’s birthday on Valentine’s Day which makes the holiday a little bit more special!!
My calling in the church is Personal Progress, so once a month I get the opportunity to play with the girls in my ward. Of course, I have to bring a treat, and since it’s January I wanted to do something that was bright and colorful.
This is what I came up with……Cherry Limeade Cupcakes!!!
I hooked my husband by making the best cherry limeade drink when we were dating, go figure!
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
8 Tablespoons lime juice
3 Tablespoons lime zest
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups of sugar
2 egg whites
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with the liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until combined. Add vanilla, lime juice, and lime zest and mix.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, slowly, and mix well.
- Fill cupcakes liners until they are 3/4 full and bake for 22 to 25 minutes. Squeeze fresh lime juice on each cupcake. Cool completely before frosting.
Cherry Marshmallow Frosting
2 8 ounces package of cream cheese, softened
1 large tub marshmallow creme
4 Tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- Mix cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and maraschino juice together until it’s creamy.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chopped cherries.
- Frost those cupcakes!!!!!!!