Chicken Cordon Bleu
This is part two, of my delicious birthday dinner!!! I have always LOVED Chicken Cordon Bleu!! Not all recipes are the same of this great chicken entrée because the sauce makes the dish.
Jessica is very picky about her cooking because she wants to make delicious meals for her family and friends. She made sure this was up to her standards. This looks really fancy and difficult to make but the truth is that its really easy.
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
6 slices Swiss cheese
6 slices ham
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, whipped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
Panko bread crumbs
- Pound chicken breasts, they will cook better and easier to roll. Place a slice of cheese and ham into each breast. Roll the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks.
- Mix the flour, salt , pepper, garlic salt, and onion salt in a pie tin. Put the whipped egg in a separate pie tin and in another separate tin pour your Panko bread crumbs.
- Place each chicken breast into the flour mixture, then the whipped eggs and then into the bread crumbs.
- Let rest for about a 1/2 an hour, so the breading can soak into the chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook chicken for about 45 minutes or until fluids are clear.
- Spray the top of the chicken with non stick spray to help the tops brown.
1/2 cup butter
2 Tablespoons flour
1 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon, crushed
- While the chicken bakes, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, whisking constantly, while cooking the butter mixture for 1 minute. Slowly pour in the milk while whisking quickly.
- Stir in the chicken bouillon and salt.
- Whisk constantly over medium heat until the mixture begins to simmer and thicken. It will take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the sauce has bubbled and thickened, remove from the heat and stir in the mustard, garlic and parmesan cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is melted, then add the fresh parsley.
- Keep the sauce warm until the chicken is finished baking.
Thanks to my cute family!!! I love you to the moon and back!