Caramel Apple Parfait! Whether for snack or dessert you’ll love the flavors of this Caramel Apple Parfait. Easy to make, kids love them too!
I made this yummy treat for our Young Women’s Personal Progress Activity, last week. I can’t have a activity without a treat!!! It had to be fancy since the girls are fashionistas!! I bought the cute parfait glasses at The Dollar Store.
Caramel Apple Parfait
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; set aside.
- Mix butter with the brown sugar and molasses until combined. Add egg and beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, and yogurt until it is blended well.
- Scrape the batter into a large non-stick baking pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or its springs back when touched. Let cool completely.
- 1 stick butter
- 8 large green apples- cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 brown sugar
- In a skillet, melt the butter. Add apples and stir over high heat and until lightly browned and continue cooking until the apples become caramelized.
- Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- In a small pan, combine gelatin and cold water; let stand until thick
- Place in microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until gelatin dissolves
- Let cool but don’t allow it to set
- Whip the cream with the powder sugar, until slightly thick
- While beating, add the gelatin to whipping cream. Whip on high speed until stiff.
- The gelatin will make your whipping cream more stable and able withstand the heat.
Cut the cake into 6 inch square and place in the cup. Spoon a dollop of your favorite caramel topping into dessert cup over the cake. Layer 1 spoonful of apples, followed by the whip topping. Repeat the steps until the cup is full.
You will love this dessert! Looks fancy but you can simplify it. The cake is great on its own!!