My husband, and his sisters were helping his mom can tomatoes on Labor Day and I was home with the munchkins, so I thought I needed to make some yummy food for the canning crew! I have seen several banana split desserts online but I always have to see if I can take it up a notch.
This is the kind of dessert that you can’t stop eating! The fresh fruit layer and the yummy cream cheese layer are a great combination. The crust takes it over the top!
For the crust:
2 1/2 cups Vanilla Wafers, crumbs
1 stick butter, melted
Cream Cheese Layer:
12 ounces cream cheese, softened ( I would suggest getting the whipped, it mixes smoother)
1/2 cup powder sugar
8 ounces whipped topping
Fruit Layer & Topping:
2 bananas, sliced
1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, cubed
2 cups strawberries, sliced
8 ounce whipped topping
1/2 cups almonds, chopped
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish; set aside
- in a bowl, combine the vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter, stirring until all of the crumbs are evenly moistened. Pour the crumbs into the baking pan and press into an even layer. Place in the fridge while you prepare the next layer.
- In a clean bowl, combine the cream cheese and powder sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the whip topping until its thoroughly combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cookie crust.
- Arrange the banana slices, pineapple, and strawberries to form a fruit layer. Make it as thick as you want.
- Cover with the whip topping, smoothing the top. Sprinkle with the chopped almonds, then drizzle with the chocolate syrup and top with maraschino cherries. Refrigerate before serving. It will be fine overnight.