Banana Cake Recipe
Banana Cake Recipe! I just can’t say enough about this banana cake recipe. Except maybe you need to make it now. This banana cake is easy to make, moist and fluffy, and topped with a cream cheese frosting.
My husband LOVES banana cake, its his favorite!!! When he was little, Mrs. Braithwaite would come and cook dinner while his mom was working full time. One of his best memories was when she would make her delicious banana cake.
So, its been really hard to find a cake that could match the level of excellence of Mrs. Braithwaite’s cake. This cake is so moist and full of flavor, seriously, you can’t stop eating it! The cream cheese icing puts it over the top.
Banana Cake Recipe Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons lemon juice
4 mashed bananas, really ripe ones
Banana Cake Recipe Directions:
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan. Mix mashed bananas with lemon juice and set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Add banana mixture and buttermilk and combine well.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt. Beat in the flour mixture into banana mixture.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and place directly into the freezer,(unless its a glass pan)for about 45 minutes. This will make the cake moist.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 to 5 cups powder sugar
- Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Add the powder sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.
I hope you like this cake as much as we do!!!!
4 thoughts on “Delicious Banana Cake Recipe”
Thanks for sharing.
I will try to do it.
You need to try it, you will love it! Thanks for checking us out ,
This does look so yummy! My Grandson loves bananas! Thanks for sharing the recipe at TTF!
banana cake is one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing at Foodie friends Friday!