I’m on quest to find new recipes that my family will love and easy to make! I hit a homerun with this one. Lisa couldn’t leave the taco mixture alone, long enough for me to make the casserole! Yes, its that good!
1 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon oil
1 1/2 pounds carne asada (Walmart always has packages of this ready)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can black beans, not drained
1 cup salsa
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a skillet, heat oil and add the onion and garlic. sauté for about 3 minutes. Add meat and season with the salt and pepper. Cook until the meat is browned.
- Add the taco seasoning, beans and salsa, make sure to mix well.
- In the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish line with tortilla chips. Press down on the chips to break them into smaller pieces.
- Spread the meat mixture over the chips. Put another layer of chips and finish with the cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
Garnish with your favorite taco toppings!!