My husband loves Ginger Snap cookies! Mike’s grandma uses to make them for family parties, they were one of her signature cookies. At least, they were Mike’s favorite, his cousins might love another cookie that she would make.
This cookie is full of flavor and it is so softy and chewy, it will make you feel like a kid, again!
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup of sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and molasses until mixed well.
- Combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to the molasses mixture, mix until it’s well incorporated.
- Roll dough in your hand to form a 1-inch ball.
- Roll ball in the remaining sugar.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
* We love to add the Chocolate Kiss to the cookie. Make sure the cookie has cooled partially, before adding the Kiss.