We love cupcakes and I love caramel, so this was a must cupcake to make! My Andie took these cupcakes to dance and the girls loved them! In fact, my husband would eat one and say he wasn’t going to eat another and he couldn’t resist!
Ingredients for cupcakes:
1 Devils Food Cake mix
1 large package instant chocolate pudding mix
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup warm water
2 teaspoons vanilla
24 frozen Rolos(freeze for at least 2 hours)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line muffin tins with paper liners
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs, water and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full.
- Gently push the frozen Rolo into the center of the batter and make sure you cover candy with batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the top will bounce back with touch. There might be a indent where the candy is but that’s fine, you will be covering with icing.
- cool cupcakes completely.
- Cream the butter. Add vanilla and caramel until well blended.
- Add 1 cup of powder sugar and mix well before adding more. Keep adding until the taste and consistency is to your liking.
This icing is addicting! I had to get clean the bowl quickly because I wanted to lick it clean!
I drizzled this on top of each cupcake and put them in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden the topping. Garnish the top with a Rolo and you have the yummiest cupcake ever!