When I’m asked to take a meal to a family, this is my go to meal. When Jessica was in High School, she would come home for lunch just to eat the leftovers! Its quick and easy but it is full of taste and it is so delicious!
I use the oven ready lasagna noodles and they work great and taste delicious! Then you don’t have to have another dirty pan and it cuts down cooking time.
2 to 3 pounds ground beef (it just depends how meaty you want it)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 large container cottage cheese
2 bottles of Prego spaghetti sauce ( I use the fresh mushroom)
4 cups mozzarella cheese
1 box of oven ready lasagna noodles
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion and season the meat with salt and pepper, break up the meat into chunks.
- Drain the meat in a colander, so you can remove the extra water and grease.
- Mix beef with the Prego sauce until the sauce is heated.
- Coat the bottom of the baking dish with the meat mixture. Layer the noodles, meat sauce, cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese. Continue layers until pan is full.
- I leave some of the meat sauce to cover the top.
- Cover pan with tin foil and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. It will be easier to cut and serve.