My daughter LOVES chocolate chip cookies and will secretly eat the chips when I’m not looking! One day I was feeling a little lazy when she asked me to make her some cookies and I remembered the Congo Bar!!! She was not convinced she would like it until she took her first bite………it became her new favorite cookie!
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 butter, softened
2 1/4 packed brown sugar
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
optional: your favorite nut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray baking pan
2. Combine softened butter, vanilla and brown sugar with mixer
3. Add eggs to mixture
4. Add the dry ingredients
5. Add chocolate chips and nuts
6. Pour into a 10×15 inch pan and bake for 30 minutes
7. Cool the bars completely and cut into squares.