My daughter LOVES chocolate chip cookies and will secretly eat the chips when I’m not looking! One day I was feeling a little lazy when she asked me to make her some cookies and I remembered the Congo Bar!!!
She was not convinced she would like it until she took her first bite………it became her new favorite cookie!
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 butter, softened
2 1/4 packed brown sugar
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
optional: your favorite nut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the baking pan
2. Combine softened butter, vanilla, and brown sugar with a mixer
3. Add eggs to the mixture
4. Add the dry ingredients
5. Add chocolate chips and nuts
6. Pour into a 10×15 inch pan and bake for 30 minutes
7. Cool the bars completely and cut into squares.