Blackberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Blackberry Lemonade Cupcakes! Indulge in these sweet and satisfying blackberry lemonade cupcakes – perfect for morning or afternoon tea with just the right amount of sweetness!
I love to bake cupcakes, in fact, I’m a little obsessed with it! Today is my roommates, my little brother’s birthday. I sure like Dan. So I decided to make up something new.
I thought it would be a little bit of an adventure, but it seemed to work out nicely. Dan had mentioned that he loved blackberries and it’s summer, and I associated lemonade with summer so here we are!
You’re probably thinking, “why does this girl have so much time on her hands?” Well, I’m a high school teacher, and what better way to spend my summer than making new cupcake recipes, so enjoy the Blackberry lemonade cupcakes!
P.S. this was a great experiment, they taste awesome!!!
Blackberry Lemonade Cupcakes Ingredients:
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups of cake flour
1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon of salt
2 cups of sugar
1 stick of butter
zest of 2 lemons
1/4 C. lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 C. milk
1/2 C. sour cream
zest of a lemon
1/4 C. lemon juice
1 2/3 C. powdered sugar
3 sticks of butter, softened
5-6 C. powdered sugar until
3/4 C. blackberry puree (Use a
blender to blend them, I used a magic bullet because the blend Tec didn’t get
all the blackberries chopped.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large separate bowl.
3. Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer then combine eggs, zest, lemon juice, vanilla, milk, and sour cream until smooth.
4. Stir in dry ingredients.
5. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 17-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Glaze: Combine all ingredients in a bowl (using a whisk or fork is easiest).
7. Buttercream: Beat butter until smooth. Add enough powdered sugar to make the frosting stiff, then slowly add in blackberry puree 1 Tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
8. Spoon glaze over warm cupcakes and let set.
9. When the glaze is firm, pipe frosting on top and finishes with a fresh blackberry and a lemon peel.
9 thoughts on “Delicious Blackberry Lemonade Cupcakes”
I have to try this two of my favorite flavors! Pinning to my baking page, perfect for Easter 😉 Thanks for sharing at the party and hope to see you again this week. Theresa @DearCreatives
Those cupcakes look absolutely to-live-for! Yum-o! I love the citrus flavor of lemons with berries so I'm going to bookmark this recipe for later making. Thanks for sharing it!
These look amazing! I can't wait to try them. They look so light and summery 🙂
Holy moly, I LOVE blackberries in the summer, so these cupcakes look right up my alley. Thanks for sharing on Hump Day Happenings!
I am obsessed with baking, too. These look gorgeous! I am in a wedding later this year and these will be perfect for the bridal shower. Thanks for sharing with Hump Day Happenings.
Yum! Looks fabulous! Would be great to take to a picnic. Thanks for sharing on Real Food Fridays Blog Hop.
That looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing this at the Say G’Day Saturday linky party! I’ve pinned this to the Say G'Day Saturday Board. I will also be featuring your recipe at my Friday Favorites post on Friday!
I would be so thrilled if you could add my Say G'Day Linky party to your incredible list of link ups! That must have taken ages to get them all on one page!
Natasha in Oz
These are beautiful and sound delicious! Pinned!
The flavors in this cupcake, Yes!!! Love it! Pinned…