Best Chocolate Frosting
I love chocolate. This is THE Best Chocolate Frosting ever.
Whenever I make a cake for my kids they always want Chocolate frosting. Sometimes I have to tell them that it just won’t go with their cake flavor! Sawyer Always says he loves the chocolate and that he wants the frosting.
The more we make cupcakes the more I notice they just luck the frosting off the top. It may be genetic, Grandma Kimmie loves frosting. I remember when we were kids I would come into the kitchen and look at the cakes and knew my mom had been there. There was no frosting left. This frosting is that good! Lick the frosting, leave the cake.
- 2 sticks of salted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 4 cups powdered sugar or more to reach desired consistency
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whip the butter and cocoa powder together until mixed.
- Add in vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- While mixing, slowly mix in the heavy cream until smooth. I like to whip it on medium high until it’s light and airy.
Did you try our Best Chocolate Frosting recipe? Did you try it? Did you love it? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
Swiss Meringue Buttercream is a light, creamy and perfectly delicious frosting you definitely need to try!