Baked Chicken Toast
Baked Chicken toast are fresh diced rotisserie chicken, onion, celery and garlic all nestled in a luscious sauce made from cream cheese, Parmesan and Fontina cheese with just a hint of Cajun spice. They are fabulous for entertaining and I love to serve them with Apple and Pomegranate Guacamole and Baked Turkey meatballs.
I absolutely love Fall! There’s so much going on and it’s not too hot! I love when I find a recipe that is easy to make and tastes amazing! Bonus: When it’s a handheld morsel!
Baked Chicken toast
- 1 small French baguette cut in 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. rotisserie chicken, diced
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning ( depends how brave you are)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut in small cubes
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shaved Fontina cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- green onions for garnish, optional
Baked Chicken toast
- Turn broiler on low. Put bread slices on baking sheet in single layer. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn slices over and put back under the broiler to lightly brown the other side.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery. Cook for 1 minute stirring frequently. Add the chicken, garlic and sprinkle the skillet with the Cajun seasoning and black pepper. Cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Reduce heat to very low. Add cream cheese, Parmesan and Fontina. Stir until the cheese is blended and almost fully melted.
- Top the toasted baguette slices evenly with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and place in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Serve immediately.
Did you try Baked Chicken toast? What did you think? We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or tag us on Instagram!