I love E.L. Fudge cookies a lot! In fact, I ask Matthew to buy them frequently. The last time I had asked him to bring them home he got single stuff, can you believe that?!
Who doesn’t buy double stuff? That was my question? He then told me that they were cheaper.
Anyways, so we decided to make our own version of what a cupcake would taste like.
Then we could put all the frosting we want on it! So here is our yummy version of the cupcakes.
Butter Cupcake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups butter room
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 5 – 6 cups confectioners sugar, sifted (add more for thicker frosting)
- 1/4 cups of milk (add more for thinner frosting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In mixer cream butter and
sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each
addition. Mix in vanilla flavor.
- In a separate bowl mix flour with baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, starting with the flour. Pour about a tablespoon into each cupcake well.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes in pan on a rack before taking out of the pan. Set aside and make the frosting while it cools.
In a large bowl, put in the butter and gradually add in cocoa. Add vanilla.
Carefully mix in sugar, one cup at a time. Scrape the sides of the bowl every so often.
Add milk until the frosting is fluffy. If you want your frosting to be stiffer, add a little more sugar until it’s the texture you desire. Remember that if it’s too stiff it’s hard to squeeze out of the frosting bag. Enjoy these I know that we did!! Top with E.L. Fudge cookies. I cut them in half.