Trying to get Grey to eat healthy snacks and also trying to fatten him up is a challenge. Energy bites have been a success for us this far.
Toddlers are picky and they only eat when and what they want. It’s been kind of frustrating, Grey hasn’t been gaining weight like we thought he should be. He barely was eating anything and we were getting concerned. Obviously we were looking for solutions to make sure he was getting the nutrients that he needed, we bought Pediasure from Costco and he loves it.
We found that he started eating even less food. Now we just give him water through the day and give him milk or Pediasure right before bed. He’s eating much better now, he helped me make these energy bites and it was fun! All of the ingredients are healthy minus the M&M’s but he loves to eat the whole thing! I also liked these, maybe too much!
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 salt
- 1 cup creamy natural Jif Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups mix-ins (can be anything you want, I did chopped almonds and M&M’s, raisins, trail mix, or anything you can think of!)
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almond flour, and salt.
- Add in peanut butter, honey, and vanilla. Mix well until combined. I used my hands.
- Add mix-ins and stir to combine. Roll into golf ball-sized balls. should make about 24.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or until firm. Store in the fridge!
Salty and Sweet Treat
1 thought on “Energy Bites”
Wow, you can count me in on these! I love anything that has to do with M&Ms!