Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie
Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie is an easy and delicious dinner idea for any night of the week.
This week is bound to be nuts! It’s Thanksgiving week and we are so busy. I’m already tired and it’s Monday night.
We got home from school and I grabbed Grey and we went to the neighborhood market. He ate a super green banana in 2 seconds flat. We only spent 15 dollars on this meal and Matt loved it.
When I got home it took me exactly 45 minutes to make the chicken pot pie. Today it was cold and snowy and nothing hits the spot like a homemade chicken pot pie on a cold day!
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 a medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de provence seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 and 1/2 cups cooked & shredded chicken
- 8 oz. frozen peas and carrots
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large pot on the stove, melt butter and sauté onion, garlic, and celery for a few minutes until tender.
- Whisk in flour and stir for a minute. Slowly whisk in chicken broth.
- Season with Herbs de Provence, salt, and pepper. Let simmer while stirring often for about ten minutes so the mixture can thicken.
- Mix in chicken, peas, and carrots. Pour the mixture onto a greased sheet pan.
- On a cutting board lay out a sheet of puff pastry. Roll it out with a rolling pin a bit so they stretch to fit the sheet pan. Cut pastry into one-inch strips and place them on top of the sheet pan.
- Crack the egg into a small dish and brush the tops of the pastry dough with egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until the pastry dough is puffed and browned. Serve warm.