This recipe is one of my favorites. It has just the right amount of everything you need. Chicken Rollatini with Spinach and Parmesan is a great family dinner.
Sometimes you just want something delicious and fresh! I made this and was pleasantly surprised how good this turned out! Give these a try!
- 3 chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs whisked
- 5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
- 6 tbsp part-skim ricotta cheese
- 6 oz part-skim mozzarella (I used Polly-O)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil non-stick spray
- 1 cup favorite marinara sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and the two eggs whisked.
- Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach, 2 tbsp of the eggs, garlic powder, and ricotta cheese.
- Lay chicken breasts down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs, and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed).
- Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil. Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling about 3 more minutes.
- Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.