Chicken Rollatini with Spinach and Parmesan
Chicken Rollatini with Spinach and Parmesan! This recipe is one of my favorites. It has just the right amount of everything you need. Chicken Rollatini with Spinach and Parmesan is a great family dinner.
Sometimes you just want something delicious and fresh! I made this and was pleasantly surprised how good this turned out! Give these a try!
- 3 chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs whisked
- 5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
- 6 tbsp part-skim ricotta cheese
- 6 oz part-skim mozzarella (I used Polly-O)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil non-stick spray
- 1 cup favorite marinara sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp. grated cheese in one bowl and the two eggs whisked.
- Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz. of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach, 2 tbsp. of the eggs, garlic powder, and ricotta cheese.
- Lay chicken breasts down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp. of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs, and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed).
- Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil. Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling about 3 more minutes.
- Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.