I loved this recipe so much I’m making it again next week. Tuscan Chicken really hit the spot, definitely worth a try!
Dinner in our house is always an adventure. I’m sure a lot of you know what I mean. It depends the mood of my child, if he’s screaming then we have hot dogs.
If he’s happy and sitting on my feet in the kitchen, we get things like this! The sauce on this was so good that Matt saved it for another day!
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons salt, for the chicken
- 1 teaspoon pepper, for the chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place the chicken thighs skin side down in the skillet and cook for about 13 minutes to crisp up the skin. Move the chicken around from time to time to ensure it cooks evenly. The skin should be hard to the touch.
- Flip the chicken, then cook for about another 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Add the garlic and onion, stirring until onions are translucent. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, and pepper, bringing to a boil.
Add the Parmesan cheese and parsley, stirring until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Place the chicken back in the pan, spooning the sauce on top of the chicken.