To say my family has a true love for brownies would be a understatement! There is something about a good homemade brownie to put a smile on your kisser! If your family is like mine, you will be drooling all over these Mississippi Brownies! Perfect for a cold January day!
This brownie recipe is the best! Then you top it with a layer of marshmallows and you will think you died and went to heaven! It’s a really simple recipe but the flavor is out of this world!
For the brownies:
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powde
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13” pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened butter and cocoa powder and mix until smooth. Add sugar and mix for 1 minute.
- Add eggs, and mix. Add vanilla and mix. Add flour and salt and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove brownies from the oven and sprinkle the marshmallows evenly on top. Return to the oven for 2-3 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffed. Remove from oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Once brownies are cool, make the frosting.
For the frosting:
- Add melted butter, cocoa powdered, milk, vanilla, and 2 cups of powdered sugar to a mixing bowl and beat with electric beaters until smooth.
- Add more powdered sugar, a cup at a time, mixing well, until you reach your desired frosting consistency.
- Spread frosting over the cooled brownies and cut into squares.