Crockpot Beef Stew
Easy peasy dinner idea! We love soup lately, it’s easy to make and it’s super cold outside! Crockpot Beef Stew is one of our go-to meals.
Lately, I have had a hard time making myself get going. I don’t want to clean the house when I get home.
I don’t want to cook because then I will have to clean more. It’s been a rough go the last couple of weeks.
We made this soup because grey loves beef, carrots, celery, and potatoes. This soup really warmed the soul!
Except, Grey was in a mood when we ate this! It was definitely an adventure, he’s been chewing things up and then spitting them out lately. Any advice on that let me know!
Crockpot Beef Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound stew meat, cut into 1 inch squares
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 3 carrots sliced diagonally in 1/2 inch slices
- 3 celery stalks, 1/4 inch slices
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Heat olive oil in a pan to medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the beef squares. Sear for about 2 minutes, until the meat is evenly browned.
- Place Beef, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl whisk together beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, and paprika. Then dump over the meat and vegetables. Put in the two bay leaves.
- Cover and cook for 7 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the stew broth and the flour. Then stir it into the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley!