Easy peasy dinner idea! We love soup lately, it’s easy to make and it’s super cold outside! Crockpot Beef Stew is one of our go-to meals.
Lately, I have had a hard time making myself get going. I don’t want to clean the house when I get home.
I don’t want to cook because then I will have to clean more. It’s been a rough go the last couple of weeks.
We made this soup because grey loves beef, carrots, celery, and potatoes. This soup really warmed the soul!
Except, Grey was in a mood when we ate this! It was definitely an adventure, he’s been chewing things up and then spitting them out lately. Any advice on that let me know!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound stew meat, cut into 1 inch squares
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 3 carrots sliced diagonally in 1/2 inch slices
- 3 celery stalks, 1/4 inch slices
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Heat olive oil in a pan to medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the beef squares. Sear for about 2 minutes, until the meat is evenly browned.
- Place Beef, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl whisk together beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, and paprika. Then dump over the meat and vegetables. Put in the two bay leaves.
- Cover and cook for 7 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the stew broth and the flour. Then stir it into the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley!