It’s fall and it’s time for some chili! Beef and Bacon Sweet Chili definitely hits the spot!
I like to have a little sweet to my chili and you definitely can not go wrong with bacon. We put this together the night before in the crockpot bowl, put it in the fridge and then just had to put it in the heat element first thing in the morning. It was super convenient! I’m not much of a chili girl, but this was great!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb bacon, crispy bacon, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/2 diced green bell pepper
- 1 cans of corn
- 2 (15 oz each) cans of kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (6 oz each) cans tomato paste
- 1 (10 ¾ oz each) cans tomato sauce
- 1 large cans diced tomatoes
- 1 packages McCormick’s chili seasoning
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- In a large pot, sauté onion and garlic, for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Add ground beef and continue to cook on medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Set aside
- Add remaining ingredients to the crockpot and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.