Do you ever see a recipe and wonder what it will taste like? That’s what happened to us! I kept seeing this recipe pop up for Pickle soup and finally, we decided to try it!
Let me tell you, it’s a little different and maybe if you are a big fan of dill pickles, you will totally fall in love with this soup!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups warm milk
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and carrots. Saute until veggies become tender. Add garlic and continue to simmer until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Whisk in flour, and cook until the flour just begins to turn from white to a pale beige, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth until thickened and smooth. Increase heat to medium high, add dill pickles, pickle juice, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes, whisking frequently. Remove from heat and whisk in milk. Remove bay leaves before serving.
What’s is the strangest recipe have you ever tried?