Winner Winner chicken dinner! Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken is on the menu tonight! This takes the cake as far as easy homemade Chinese food.
Matt and I love our Chinese food. We don’t necessarily like how it makes us feel afterwards. The grease and the richness of the flavor can make you a little sick after you eat it. When I was pregnant the only thing I could eat for a while with out getting sick was PF Changs. It tasted great and wasn’t so greasy as the typical Chinese food.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch
- 3 to 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 1 can of pineapple chunks drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil to over medium-high heat. Also, preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Dredge the chicken cubes in the cornstarch and then dip in the whisked eggs. Then cook in the oil until they are golden brown, place on a cooling rack to drain the grease. Then put in a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a medium saucepan put a little olive oil and brown your onions and garlic. Then add ketchup, sugar, vinegars, and soy sauce. Cook on medium-low until sugar is dissolved. Next, add red pepper and pineapple, cook for an additional minute.
- Then dump over chicken in the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!