Having trouble getting your kids or even your husband to eat their veggies? Never fear, this recipe will change everything! I have been hearing all about veggie rice but I kept dismissing it. I took the big plunge and used it in this recipe and absolutely loved it.
My local grocery store had a pack of a mix veggie rice in the produce section but this would work with any kind of veggie rice. You make your own with your food processor or you can find it in the frozen section with all the other veggies. This recipe will take less than 15 minutes to make and you only use one pan! That’s a mom win!
- 1 to 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed small
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower,broccoli, and carrots
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar
- Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and black pepper, to taste.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. When hot add 1 tablespoon of oil and add the chicken.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until no longer pink in the center and browned on the edges. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, onion and garlic and cook over medium heat about 2 minutes, until soft. Add the riced vegetables, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and cook 5 to 6 minutes, until heated through.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, top with the cheese and cover.
- Cook low heat until the cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
ONE POT MEALS