This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VeryVeggieHoliday #CollectiveBias
The holidays are upon us and we are all scrambling around to find the best holiday recipes for our next party! Personally, I have been trying to find the perfect recipe to compliment our family Christmas Eve International pizza night! That’s right, we aren’t having the traditional meal! Would you expect us to? lol! The crazy thing is that we love to have our “out of the box” experiences but we are always looking for a healthier way of doing that! I decided that I was going to make vegetarian stuffed mushrooms and wanted to try them out beforehand to make sure it would meet approval from my family! So I ran to my trusty Walmart store to pick up a bag of MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™. MorningStar Farms® products are not only for vegetarians – they are for everyone!
Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles: Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles are flavored with our blend of bold southwest spices, adding a punch of flavor to chili, tacos or mom’s famous sauce. With 8g of protein per serving, these crumbles are over-achievers.
This mouthwatering will please any of your guests from the guy who loves a big steak to those kids that you are trying to help eat healthier! You will have to taste it to believe it! I love this product because it helps me make a quick, easy recipe, and while helping me and my family make healthier choices for our diet.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach, finely chopped and packed
- 1/2 cup pecans,finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries,
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped and packed
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/2 pounds cremini mushrooms, 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter, stemmed
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat it to 375°F. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Warm the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture softens and turns fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the spinach, pecans, and cranberries. Sauté for another 2 minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
- Add 1/3 cup of the parsley, and the panko, and stir to combine. Turn off the heat. Add the vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- To stuff the mushrooms, place them on the prepared baking sheet, tops down. Fill each mushroom cavity with about 1 tablespoon of the filling, or however much it can hold.
- Bake the mushrooms for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they are tender when pierced with a knife. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the mushrooms cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the parsley and let cool for at least 3 minutes. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
No matter what is on your menu this holiday season, let MorningStar Farms® be a part of it! What’s favorite dish to make for the holidays?