We are always looking for new, good soup recipes! Made this Spicy Avocado Soup last night and it was delicious!
It’s winter time and soup is a staple in our family. I have been debating on whether I really like avocados. I have decided it’s a texture issue. Matt, made this soup and I actually think I like the flavor of everything. The cucumbers give a nice fresh and cool taste to the overall soup! We think that this soup is the perfect side to any Christmas supper!
- 2 large cucumbers-peeled seeded and chopped
- 2 large avocados chopped
- 2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and chopped
- 13oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes for garnish
- In a food processor, puree the cucumbers until smooth. Add the avocados, curry paste, sugar lime zest and chile. Blended until smooth. Add 3 cups of water, and the coconut milk and lime juice. Blend again until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, toast the coconut over low heat, stirring a few times until lightly browned and crisp, 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Serve the soup and garnish with coconut flakes.
I still want some more soup recipes, post your favorite soup recipes below! Seriously, I want to try them all. Do you guys know of any that can be in the crockpot? With Matt and I both working full time we don’t have time to make the extravagant meals we used to enjoy making. Help us find some good easy ones!