The school year has started and it’s time to get back to a regular schedule! I realized the other day that we had been winging dinner all Summer long! It kicked me back into reality when my husband jokingly asked me to make him a gourmet dinner. This Summer has been so crazy! On top of the usual activities, my father in law has had several surgeries, my granddaughter was baptized, and my 18 year old headed off to college last Friday! I’m sure you have had a busy Summer like me! I decided I had to get back on track. I still need to feed my 14 year old and husband! After my husband joked with me about dinner, I came up with Four Cheese Pasta!
When I come up with a new recipe, my hubby and child, are usually super hard to please. Mike gave it a two thumbs up and told me this was a keeper! The four different kinds of cheese makes it so creamy and smooth that your mouth will have a party! It only takes 30 minutes to make! Can I get a hallelujah?
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk, or more, as needed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk, heavy cream and Italian seasoning. Cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in cheeses until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions.
Thanks for Stopping By!