I was going through the recipes that I shared when we first started the blog and realized that they are our all-time favorites! The pictures we took back then aren’t the best, but the recipes are. We will be revisiting a few of them this week and maybe it will be the first time for you and you will discover one of these gems. First at-bat, Better Than Sex Cake!
It’s been a while since I have made this cake and when my 14-year-old saw the ingredients on the counter, she begged me to make it right away!! One bite and she decided that we should make it every month! There are two ways you can make this cake. From scratch or with a cake mix. Both ways are delicious, it just depends how much time you have. Here is the link to the Best Chocolate Cake Recipe Ever! This time I made it with a cake mix.
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Large Box Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 Bottle Caramel Topping
- 1 Large tub Cool Whip
- 5 to 6 Heath Bars
- Prepare the cake according to the box instructions. Make sure to use a cake pan.
- Once the cake is baked, let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Using a round object, poke holes all through the cake top, but make sure not to go completely through to the bottom of the cake.
- Pour the caramel topping all over the cake, letting it soak into the holes. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Make the box of pudding according to the instructions on the box. Spread evenly on top of the cake.
- Gently spread the Cool Whip onto the pudding layer. Crush the Heath bars and sprinkle on top. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set up and then serve!