As many of you have seen our Facebook live this week that I have been craving BLT’s. Well, it’s not a BLT without mayo, and we ran out the other night! Matt made our own Homemade Mayonnaise!
Tomatoes are the thing that I have been craving the most during this crazy thing called pregnancy! Not that I didn’t like tomatoes before, but now I literally can not get enough. It’s the oddest thing, Matt will eat them like apples, I’m not that crazy though. I’m loving tomato sandwiches!
A tomato sandwich is no good without mayo, and now that we ran out and Matt made it homemade. Once you go to Homemade Mayonnaise, you will never go back! We also use this homemade mayo in a salad recipe later this week! Check out the Homemade Macaroni Salad on Wednesday! You’ll love it!
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh Lemon juice
- Add egg, mustard, vinegar, and salt to the bowl of a food processor and process for 20 seconds.
- Scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl, turn the food processor on then begin to add the oil slowly until about 1/4 of the oil has been added. It’s at this point that you should notice the mixture is beginning to thicken and emulsify.
- Once this happens, you can be a little less strict with how slowly the oil is added. Continue to add the remaining oil in a very thin stream.
- Once all of the oil has been added, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and process for an extra 10 seconds. Taste the mayonnaise for seasoning then add salt and lemon juice.