It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day and Leprechaun Chex Mix is better than a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
First of all, whoever tells you they hate Lucky Charms, they are lying! When I was younger I remember my mom would buy them and then she would pick out all of the marshmallows, so we would go to have a bowl and there would be no marshmallows.
Don’t even deny it Kimmer, she would also eat the frosting off cupcakes and cake. I mean it’s probably pretty normal because I do it now.
Matt had to keep me from eating all the marshmallows while we were making this because I guess Momma Kim rubbed off on me. So what can be better than Chex mix with lucky charm marshmallows?
Nothing is the answer you are searching for! Give this a try!
- 7 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 bag dark chocolate mint M&M’s
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of JUST the marshmallows from Lucky Charms box
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine Rice Chex, 1 cup of Lucky Charms, and M&Ms.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Stir and repeat until the chips are completely melted.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the cereal mixture.
- Stir carefully to combine, try not to mash the Rice Chex.
- Stir until the mixture is completely coated with the white chocolate. Add in the marshmallows.
- Then pour mixture onto wax paper or parchment paper to dry and spread it out.
- Allow setting until white chocolate has hardened (about 45 minutes) and then drizzle melted semi-sweet chocolate over the top.
- Then break into pieces and store in an air-tight container.