Homemade Bath Bombs DIY to save money!
Homemade Bath Bombs are the perfect way to enjoy a long soak in the tub, without spending a TON of money! DIY and enjoy a bath bomb every night if you want!
I have always loved a good long soak in the tub! AND, I have always loved a fun bath bomb to make my soak even more relaxing! A jetted tub was my first priority when we built our house 3 years ago!
My obsession with bath bombs started after a blog conference in Salt Lake City a few years ago. We visited Lush and got the best and the biggest bath bombs, they were awesome!
The only problem was that they were $8 each! What the what?!?!?! I can’t take a bath every night with an $8 bath bomb! No sir! I’m much too thrifty for that!
Unfortunately, I was hooked, so I set to work making my own bath bombs a few months ago around Christmas time. They were awesome and not that hard to make at all!
In fact, I simply used my cupcake tins to make them!
That worked great, but then I became a little obsessed and HAD to have the bath bomb molds! I would HIGHLY recommend you get them through our affiliate link here…
They make such a big difference… They dry out better in the round shape, and they seem to fizz better! Not sure why you’ll have to trust me on this one.
So it turns out that these homemade bath bombs aren’t that hard to make, and they’re a lot cheaper if you plan on using all of your ingredients and taking a bath with one every night!
If you only want one or two, you might save money just buying them. All the ingredients can get pricey. I have made a ton of batches with the stuff I bought online though, and I’m definitely saving money!
Here’s how you make your Homemade Bath Bombs!!
- 1 Cup Baking Soda (get a huge bag of it online here)
- 1/2 Cup Citric Acid (can be found in Walmart in the canning section or online here)
- 1/2 Cup Epsom Salt (find at Walmart in the beauty aisle or here)
- 1/2 Cup Corn Starch (get it here or get it in the baking aisle at any grocery store)
- 2 or 3 drops of food coloring (optional, get it here if you want)
- 2 1/2 T. Melted Coconut Oil (Get it in the baking aisle or here)
- 3/4 tsp. water
- 2 tsp Essential Oils of your choice (I like this reference for mixing oils)
- First, start by Whisking together your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Baking Soda, Citric Acid, Epsom Salt & Corn Starch!
- Then, Melt your coconut oil in the microwave, add in water, food color, and essential oils.
- Next, SLOWLY combine the wet ingredients into the dry with a whisk.
- Finally, Use your molds to create spheres, or use a cupcake tin! Pack it in, but it doesn’t have to be super dense, just make sure they stick!
- Most importantly, let them dry out for at least 3 days! You’ll be sad if you try and do it any earlier! they just fall apart too quickly if you don’t!