My son was making a lot of progress potty training until Christmas break. We were super busy and we all got lazy about it. I wanted to do something to revive the progress. Because he had been doing so good before with very little thought for rewards, I didn’t want to just start giving him candy every single time he went. I came up with this pyramid idea to start off heavily motivated by rewards but then progress to him going even though he knew he wouldn’t get a big reward every time.
We went to the dollar store and he loved that I let him pick out the toys. I was afraid he’d throw a fit the first few times he didn’t get a toy after going, but it surprisingly went great! He still is in pull-ups because he doesn’t like to poop in the potty, but I would definitely say we’re back on track again!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Pyramid Potty Chart – Free Printable
- Stickers or Marker to check off progress
- Explain to your child that on every colored square they will get a potty prize!
- Take them to the store and let them pick out some prizes.
- Put a sticker on or mark off their progress with a marker!