This has been a staple at my house for a long time. At first, it started out as the perfect breakfast for Christmas morning but it’s also a great way to have breakfast ready any time of the week. You need to try this sausage and egg casserole!
It only takes a few minutes the night before and then you can throw it in the oven while you’re getting ready for your busy day. It is so delicious and looks like you took tons of time being so organized!
- 1 pound sausage, cooked and cooled
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 slices of dry bread chunks
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Cover with tin foil and refrigerate overnight. It will work if you leave it in the fridge for a few hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. This will be about 9 servings. If you double the recipe it will fill a 9 x 13 pan, you will need to increase the cooking time to make sure the middle will be completely cooked. You can also divide the mixture into two different baking dishes.