Mint chocolate cake mix cookies are super easy and perfect for a last minute and quick dessert!
Every Sunday my family and I love to make dessert. It’s a family tradition! Last Sunday my kids weren’t feeling that great. They had headaches and I had one kid with an ear infection. Needless to say, I was tired too! But, the kids have to have their treat!
I didn’t want to put too much effort or mess into it, so I whipped up these cake mix cookies! SO easy, and SO good! I bet you have most of the stuff you need in your cupboards right now!
- For the cookies
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 T milk
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of mint extract
- green food coloring (optional)
- Combine cake mix, butter, oil and eggs. Use an ice cream scoop (about 3 T) to spoon cookie dough onto parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, whip softened butter, milk and powdered sugar together. Add salt, mint extract and food coloring.
- Allow the cookies to cool before you frost them. Then sandwich them together with mint frosting in between.