Bacon Potato Soup
Bacon Potato Soup! Baby, it’s cold outside! Nothing hits the spot more than a good soup. Matt made this bacon potato soup this evening for dinner and it was amazing!
Matt being out of school while I’m still in is awful! All I want to do is go home and hang out with him. However, it is nice to come home to a clean house and dinner made. Today, he went on a little shopping spree and bought this cute new bowl.
He claims we need more cute bowls for the blog. I was pretty happy about it until we came home from Cooper’s birthday party. Right, when we walked in the door, Matt set a bag right by the new bowl and it knocked it off the table. He swore a little, which is rare.
He would die if he knew I was posting this but it’s so funny I had to share! Anyways, I told him to go back tomorrow and buy the bowl again! Give this soup a try it was awesome!
Bacon Potato Soup
- 6 cups peeled and diced Russet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/4 peeled and diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 32 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a sauté pan on medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Then add onion, celery, and carrots and cook down.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter and add the flour to create a rue. Then slowly add the milk until there are no lumps!
- Then in a large pot, bring chicken broth to slow boil on medium-high heat. Slowly add the milk/butter mixture. Then add the veggies, bacon, and potatoes. Cook for 15 minutes on a simmer until potatoes are soft. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, add sour cream and then top with parsley!
10 thoughts on “Bacon Potato Soup”
Potato soup is my favorite! Never have tried making it though. thank you for posting!
Mmh, another great recipe and it’s perfect for me as I am a soup lover! Thank you! xxx
This soup is perfect for this time of year!! Looks divine!!
um, yes! Yum! This looks amazing and perfect for colder weather. I want to try this.
nothing better on a cold day than a warm comforting bowl of soup and this one looks delicious! I’ll be giving it a try.
Lianne @ http://www.makesbakesanddecor.com
This is perfect for this time of year. I’ll have to try this recipe soon, thanks.
YUM! I’ve LOVE potato soup and have been looking for a good recipe. I’ll definitely have to try this.
This website was… how do you say it? Relevant!!
Finally I have found something that helped me. Thank
Have you ever thought about publishing an ebook or guest
authoring on other websites? I have a blog based upon on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to have you share
some stories/information. I know my viewers would appreciate your work.
If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
we are just thinking about ebooks! I don’t know the first thing about them!