Baby it’s cold outside! Nothing hits the spot more than a good soup. Matt made this bacon potato soup this evening for dinner and it was amazing!
Matt being out of school while I’m still in is awful! All I want to do is go home and hang out with him. However, it is nice to come home to a clean house and dinner made. Today, he went on a little shopping spree and bought this cute new bowl. He claims we need more cute bowls for the blog. I was pretty happy about it until we came home from Coopers birthday party. Right when we walked in the door, Matt set a bag right by the new bowl and it knocked it off the table. He swore a little, which is rare. He would die if he knew I was posting this but it’s so funny I had to share! Anyways, I told him to go back tomorrow and buy the bowl again! Give this soup a try it was awesome!
- 6 cups peeled and diced Russet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/4 peeled and diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 32 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a saute pan on medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Then add onion, celery and carrots and cook down.
- In a separate sauce pan, melt the butter and add the flour to create a rue. Then slowly add the milk until there are no lumps!
- Then in a large pot, bring chicken broth to slow boil on medium high heat. Slowly add the milk/butter mixture. Then add the veggies, bacon and potatoes. Cook for 15 minutes on a simmer until potatoes are soft. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, add sour cream and then top with parsley!