The holidays are here! I can’t believe it myself, but it’s true! We whipped up this super delicious and RICH Red Velvet Skillet Cookie with White Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting to enjoy as a family tonight and it did not disappoint!!!
It’s chocolatey goodness covered in creamy white chocolate cream cheese frosting and vanilla caramel ice cream! SOOOO yummy! You can make this for your family this Thanksgiving and just plop it in the middle of the table for everyone to dig into!
And it looks like a dessert that Santa would also really enjoy instead of those boring cookies you always set out for him…wink wink!! I mean come on, it even matches his outfit!
Dessert is super popular during the holidays and I love to bake for my family; unfortunately, for me AND for my dad, indulgent foods always bring heartburn!
Bleh! Especially with the chocolate and cream cheese, it’s bound to happen and it’s the worst! I really don’t want it to stop me from enjoying my favorite foods this holiday season! And you won’t want it to stop you from trying this decadent Red Velvet Skillet Cookie!
Now for this delicious recipe! You’ll definitely need to try this one this holiday season!!
- 1 1/2 butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 T red food coloring
- 2 cups flour
- 4 T cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 T butter
- 1 8 ounce pkg of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and whip together.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- Combine the flour mixture with the creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- Press into a buttered 14 inch cast iron skillet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- While cookie is baking, melt chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe dish in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Whip chocolate into softened cream cheese, add powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it's smooth and thin enough to drizzle on top.
- While cookie is warm, drizzle with cream cheese frosting and top with your favorite vanilla ice cream. We topped ours with vanilla with caramel swirls!