Pumpkin Butter Cookies
These pumpkin butter cookies are sure to make all of your pumpkin spice dreams come true! They’re so soft and fluffy and the cream cheese frosting really puts them over the top!
We were craving a treat on Sunday, but the only problem was were out of almost everything we needed to make all of our favorite desserts! Which is no surprise since we’ve been trying to cut back lately!
Luckily for us, we had everything thing we needed to adapt this delicious Melt-in-your-mouth Pumpkin Cookie recipe from Dear Crissy. We changed up the frosting and added cream cheese because I just think pumpkin and cream cheese are the perfect pairings!
These pumpkin butter cookies with cream cheese frosting were SO soft and fluffy! You won’t be disappointed!
Make sure you have some neighbors to share these delicious pumpkin butter cookies cream cheese frosting with because this recipe makes about 3 dozen!
We took these around the neighborhood and were left with about a dozen, the kids quickly finished those off that night!
- 2 cups butter, yes you read that right!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 3 cups flour
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Beat in pumpkin puree, eggs, and vanilla.
- Then mix in flour.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop dough onto a silicone baking sheet, or an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until they don't shake when you touch them in the middle.
- Allow to cool.
- For the frosting, whip together cream cheese, and butter until combined and fluffy. Add milk and salt and slowly add powdered sugar until it's thick and spreadable!
- Frost cookies and sprinkle cinnamon on top if desired!
- You could skip the frosting and add chocolate chips to the batter for a chocolate chip pumpkin cookie!
13 thoughts on “Pumpkin Butter Cookies”
Ermagherd! These look sooo good! I love anything with cream cheese icing. 😉 Stopping by from This is How We Roll Thursdays.
These look really awesome! I agree, pumpkin cookies go better with cream cheese. How awesome it is that you spread the love with neighbours, too!
I made something close to this for my office several years ago & they went NUTS! I will have to try your version this year!
Welp! looks like I know what I am bringing to Thanksgiving this year. These look incredible!
Yay, take a picture and tag us on insta so we can see!
This recipe is just in time for a holiday cookie exchange I was invited to! Thanks for this yummy recipe.
woo i love pumpkin cookies! these look so yummy with nutmeg and real butter!
Wow, those look delicious! I might try halving the recipe to try them out and make sure they’re safe for everyone else. *wink*
I’m at my desk drooling…these look so so so yummy!
Coming Up Roses
Step by Step writing. Thank you so much. I wish I can make it easily in next weekend.
How do you store these? Do you have to keep in the refrigerator or airtight container? How long do these keep? So happy I found your recipe!
I have never stored them for long because they get eaten too fast! I think a airtight container would work great!