Caramel is life! It’s even better when it only takes 7 minutes or less in the Microwave! Give these Microwave Caramels a chance!
When I was little I remember my mom loved everything with caramel. I mean everything and anything! I think she passed that trait onto me! My grandma taught us an amazing caramel recipe and we have changed it just a little to go perfect in the microwave!
We love when my mom makes caramel apples with Oreos on the outside so we crumble up some Oreos and put them on top! Just an idea!
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Mix all ingredients in a large microwavable bowl. Make sure there is room for it to boil up!
- Microwave on high for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds.
- Pour into a small dish lined with parchment paper and allow to cool completely. Cut into small squares.
- You can top it with anything from sea salt, Oreos, or drizzle with chocolate.