Dinner tonight is Beef & Bacon Sweet Chili! It will forever change your view of how chili should taste. This recipe is just different enough that it’s fun and just traditional enough to remind you of home.
Chili never has been on my top ten list of favorite meals, but this one tops the charts. I did some research and I decided to throw some stuff together and I am so excited about how it turned out!
Dinner is made so much easier when food is ready to go when you get home from work. I love freezer meals so much I can’t even tell you. Amber and I are finally perfecting the freezer meal. We 10 freezer meals this weekend and we wanted to make them for 2 to 3 people. This recipe made 3 gallon sized bags of chili. It made about 3 bowls of chili each bag. We were excited when our recipes made more than we expected. The thing that puts this particular recipe over the top is the brown sugar and the bacon. Matt and I loved this recipe! You should give it a try.
- 1.5 lb hamburger
- 1 lb bacon, crispy bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 2 cans of corn
- 4 (15 oz each) cans of kidney beans, undrained
- 2 (6 oz each) cans tomato paste
- 3 (10 ¾ oz each) cans tomato sauce
- 2 large cans diced tomatos
- 3 packages McCormick’s chili seasoning
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- In a large pot, brown onion and ground beef until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients to the crockpot and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- If you want to freeze like we did. After step one add ingredients to freezer bag and push out all of the air. Then double bag. Freeze flat. Then do step 2.