This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BetterBreakfast #CollectiveBias
I have found as a teacher, I never have time for breakfast and if I had quick healthy options I would love to eat breakfast in the morning.
I have students that come to school starving nearly to death and I get asked everyday if I have food for them. Some teachers even give kids food to be quiet. Just ask my little sister. It’s been said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it gives you the energy you need to start your day.
It’s important to get different nutrients in order to build a better breakfast. In support of The Great American Milk Drive, Great Value Milk, Lenders’ Bagels and Del Monte Fruit Fusions. With the combination of these three you are getting protein, carbohydrates and Vitamin C. Also, the awesome thing is if you buy any or all of these three products at Walmart, you are helping Feeding America provide nutrient – rich milk to kids and families in need.Visit http://cbi.as/54hdj to learn more.
Del Monte Fruit and Veggie Fusions are an excellent source of Vitamin C and they don’t have any high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavor and no sweeteners. There were several flavors but the ones we tried were the New flavor at Walmart Peach Strawberry, Cherry Fruit Trio and Apple Pear Watermelon. It is also the only fruit cup product that provides 1 serving of fruits and veggies in a single cup. It’s awesome because the veg is in the juice but you would never know. Make sure to refridgerate your favorite flavor the night before. Look for specially marked Del Monte Fruit & Veggie Fusions packages on shelf at Walmart for valuable coupons for Del Monte and Lenders product.
Lenders’ Bagels are found in the refrigerated dairy section, right by the cream cheese. Lender’s has a bagel for Everyone! They have a variety of flavors. When you buy Lender’s Bagels at Walmart between 8/29 and 9/30, a donation will be made to the Great American Milk Drive to provide milk to local families in need.
Childhood should be filled with playing, learning and growing. But for many children who face hunger, even basic staples like milk – and the nutrients that help power childhood activities – are missing. Now, you can help feed a childhood – by purchasing 1 or more of these products, you are helping Feeding America provide nutrient- rich milk to kids and families in need. Visit milklife.com/give to learn more.
Join Feeding America in The Great American Milk Drive to help deliver highly desired and nutrient-rich gallons of milk to hungry children and families who need it most. More than 14 million servings of milk have been delivered to food banks through this first-of-its-kind initiative. More than 46 million Americans – including 12 million children – rely on Feeding America food banks each year. Milk is one of the most requested, but least donated items at food banks, meaning children in need are missing out on the essential nutrients, including high-quality protein, it supplies.
Enter to win #BuildABetterBreakfast Sweepstakes !
So now that you know all the benefits of these products, how can you get your teenager to actually eat breakfast? Here are our 5 tips.
- Start a Routine – “Early to bed, early to rise,” as a teenager and as an adult I never realized how much of a difference waking up in the morning can make. I’ve been waking up with Matt every morning at 5 to get on the same routine as him. It is amazing what you can get done in the morning and how much more energy I have. If you are not rushing out the door you can get a lot done, including grabbing breakfast from the fridge!
- Plan ahead – The night before place items in the fridge where they are easy to find. Del Monte Fruit and Veggie Fusion cups are amazing if they are cold. Throw one in the fridge the night before and you’ll love your life. I suggest putting it same place every time so that when you get going you’re not searching for it. I fill my bottle with milk, put the bagel in a ziplock bag with a cream cheese packet and Del Monte Fruit and Veggie Fusion cup altogether up front.
- Make a Morning Check List – The night before if you make a checklist then you will first get breakfast in, but also you will not be getting calls all day for the homework assignment they forgot, or the PE clothes they didn’t get washed and need next period. This may save your sanity.
- Be an Example – Showing your kids that breakfast is important by eating it yourself will make a huge difference. Do as I say, not as I do will most likely end up in them ignoring you.
- Reminder on the Door – If all else fails put a reminder on the door or on their steering wheel to remember their breakfast!
What do you do to get your teens to eat breakfast? Tell us below!