Today we are going to go over our next three of the sixteen freezer meals we made! A Week of Freezer Meals Cheesy Taco Lasagna Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Chowder and Balsamic Chicken with Pears.
Like I’ve said before it’s hard to come with dinner ideas every night of the week. It’s harder to make meals for two without having a bunch of leftovers!
I hate leftovers! That’s why Amber, Grandma, and I combined our forces and split these for use to make them small enough for our little families.
Freezer meals I have made in the past I didn’t really want to eat, so they’d sit in the freezer for months, and then I eventually threw them out. All of these meals we have loved!
Cheesy Taco Lasagna (makes 3 – 8×8 pans)
- 2 pkg (24 oz) egg noodles
- 3-pound extra lean ground beef
- 2 packet taco seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 cups mild salsa, separated
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and separated
- 1 (32 oz) container mild taco sauce, separated
- Cook the noodles according to the directions, until al dente.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef all the way through. Then drain any fat and then add in the taco seasoning packet, cream cheese, and sour cream. Cook on low heat until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- In 3, 8×8 casserole tins, combine half of the ground beef mixture with 4 cups of salsa and spread equally on the bottom of the three tins.
- Layer half of the cooked noodles on top, divide 2 cups of mild taco sauce and two cups of cheese between the three dishes.
- Add 2 cups of salsa to the remaining ground beef mixture and layer that on top of the cheese.
- Add the remaining pasta noodles, the rest of the taco sauce (about 2 cups), and 2 more cups of cheese.
- Cover with foil, label, and freeze. Pull out and thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes (covered with foil) or until cheese is melted. If it’s still frozen in the middle you need to bake almost an hour.
Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Chowder (Makes 3 Gallon size Freezer bags)
- 4 cups peel and chunk Yukon Gold Potato
- 1 1/3 cups diced Carrot
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 1/3 cups dice Celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced Red Onion
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Barley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- In a labeled gallon freezer bag combine potatoes, carrots, garlic, celery, onions, chicken broth, barley, thyme, pepper, and ham. Split evenly among 3 bags!
- Thaw in the fridge overnight the night before. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. Then stir in milk and cornstarch.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken with Pears (makes 3 – 3 serving freezer meals)
- 4 pounds Boneless, Skinless chicken thighs
- 60 ounces Sliced Pears, Canned
- 1 1/2 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Label the freezer bag.
- Split all ingredients into the freezer bags.
- Thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over rice.
Here is the shopping list!