This continues the 4th week of freezer meals, today the Lou Lou Girls bring you tuna casserole, stuffed shells, and Hawaiian pork.
In a crazy world of busy people, this is the best way to remedy the dinner problem is with these freezer meals! They were super good and it was nice and easy to make.
We made these with Grandma Bev and she loved them! Next time we are going to make them smaller for grandma by splitting them in half and putting them in small bread tins because Grandma and Grandpa can’t eat as much as we can.
We made three meals out of each of these recipes, for Grandma, Amber, and me. We did have some leftovers but they were delicious. Here are the recipes for these three! Stay tuned this week for more freezer meal recipes and the shopping list!
4th week of freezer meals
Tuna Casserole (makes 3-8×8 pans)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely shredded tuna
- 24 oz. box of elbow noodles
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Start by melting butter in a pan over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour over melted butter and whisk constantly for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Then add in chicken broth and whisk quickly together. Cook over heat until it’s thick and bubbles up. Add in tuna. Set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl mix drained pasta, tuna mixture, mayonnaise, 2 cups cheese, and seasonings.
- Put into 3- 8×8 baking pans and add the remaining 2 cups of cheese to the top.
- Cover with foil, label, and freeze. When ready to eat, let thaw completely, remove foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
Stuffed Shells (makes 3-8×8 pans)
- 1 box of jumbo shell pasta (about 30 shells)
- 50 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 30 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded romano cheese
- Prepare 3 – 8×8 pans by lightly spraying with non-stick spray. Add about half of the marinara sauce. Stir around until the bottom of the pan is coated.
- Cook the shell pasta as directed on the package.
- In a large bowl combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, romano cheese, egg, basil, and parsley. Mix well.
- Drain the shell pasta and run under cool water. Once cooled, fill each shell with cheese mixture. Place each shell seam side down in the prepared pans.
- Pour remaining sauce over the shells and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil, label, and place in the freezer. When ready to enjoy, bake uncovered at 350˚ for 45 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is golden brown.
Hawaiian Pork (Makes 3)
- 2 lbs. pork chops, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, stalk, skin, and core removed and fruit cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Label your freezer bag.
- Add pineapple, brown sugar, soy sauce, and pork.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in your freezer.
- The night before cooking, move the frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
- Next day pour contents of the freezer bag into your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 3 hours, or until pork is cooked through and tender. Serve with brown rice and broccoli, and enjoy!
1 thought on “4th Week of Freezer Meals”
Those stuffed shells look AMAZING!!! Who knew freezer meals could be so yummy?! 😉
Edye | http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com