Can you believe Summer is almost over???? I’m in shock!!! This has been a crazy busy Summer and I have loved every minute of it. Even when I don’t have a week full of softball and cheer, my days seem to be full of other activities that just make me smile. If you are like me, you know you have to feed your family but thoughts of hanging out in the kitchen isn’t your cup of tea on a warm Summer night. That’s why I love this one pot cheesy chicken ranch pasta! Less dishes and your family will go crazy over it!
- 6 slices of bacon, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 8 ounces pasta- your choice
- 1- 1 ounce package dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- In a skillet, add bacon pieces and cook until brown and crispy. If there is too much grease drain part of it, but you do want a little bacon grease left. Put bacon pieces onto a plate with paper towels.
- Add the garlic and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, milk, chicken, pasta, and Ranch mix, to the skillet. Combine well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, occasionally stirring, until the pasta is cooked, about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the yogurt, bacon and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted.
- Top off with tomatoes and it's ready to serve!
My husband has completely fallen in love with this dish and he is a picky eater!