Homemade Cheese Tortellini
Homemade Cheese Tortellini! Italian is my favorite food. I love pasta, it’s ridiculous! I had never made noodles myself before but I remember when I was younger my dad making them for chicken noodle soup. Let me introduce you to Homemade Cheese Tortellini!
As I remember they were the best noodles I had ever eaten. Matt and I decided we should give it a try! Try this tortellini, it’s the best. Just be sure that when you make the pasta you don’t fill it too full with the filling or it makes a mess.
Homemade Cheese Tortellini
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together the flour and salt with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Create a deep well in the middle of the flour and crack the eggs into this well. Whisk the eggs with the fork to combine.
- As you whisk the eggs, begin gradually pulling in flour from the bottom and sides of the bowl. Don’t rush. At first, the eggs will start to look like a slurry. Once enough flour has been added, it starts forming a soft dough. Don’t worry if you don’t use all the flour.
- Turn the dough and any excess flour out onto a clean counter. Begin gently folding the dough on itself. Flattening and folding repeatedly. Slowly it will start to firm up. Once it’s firm enough to knead, begin kneading the dough. Incorporate the more flour as needed to prevent the dough from sticking to the counter. Slice the dough with a knife, if there are a lot of bubbles, keep kneading.
- Place the ball of dough inside a clean bowl, place the ball of dough inside and cover with plastic wrap. Rest for 30 minutes. (Can refrigerate for 24 hours)
- Meanwhile, mix together ingredients for filling.
- Divide the dough into quarters. Work with one piece at a time and keep the other pieces covered. Roll out the dough until it is paper-thin. We used a rolling pin but if your fancy you can use a pasta roller.
- Cut the pasta into 3 inches by 3-inch squares. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the middle of each square of pasta. Wet the edges of the square and then fold into a triangle, pressing the top together and working along the sides. Then fold the pocket of filling upward toward the peak of the triangle. Set the pocket of filling against the nail of your pinky finger and wrap the two corners around your finger. Press tightly to seal. Toss with flour, set aside on well-floured baking sheet, and cover. Repeat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a tablespoon or two of salt. Lower the tortellini into the water a few at a time with a wire basket. Stir the pot occasionally to prevent the tortellini from sticking to the bottom of the pot or to other tortellini. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Top with your favorite sauce!
8 thoughts on “Delicious Homemade Cheese Tortellini”
So delicious!! yummm
Homemade cheese tortelini looks delicious, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning
This looks heavenly! Double yum! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday.
Your homemade Cheese Tortellini looks so comforting and we would love it! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back to see us real soon!
So yummy! I am definitely going to try making this. Pinning for later, thanks! 🙂
Oh I love tortellini!!! Yum! This looks so tasty. I am pinning to try later. Thank you for sharing!
What a yum and elegant-looking dish. Maybe not this summer, but I can see myself all cozy in the kitchen on a cool fall weekend taking the time to make this gorgeous recipe. Pinned, and looking forward to trying it! –Ginger