Breakfast of champions! Matthew is literally the best breakfast cook ever! Sorry Father Michael! Anyways he has made some pretty yummy stuff, this was one of the best! Matt’s grandparents have raspberry bushes so we pick raspberries every year and then we have them in our freezer for months, which is incredible. Raspberries can get quite expensive. Anyways, here is our version of raspberry baby dutch pancakes!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet on the center rack to preheat while the oven is warming.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour sugar and salt and set aside.
- Meanwhile crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add the milk, vanilla and zest to the eggs. Whisk until well blended.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture. Whisk until perfectly smooth, for at least 2 minutes.
- Take the skillet out of the oven and add the butter and swirl it around. Carefully pour in the batter and gently pour in the batter and a 1/2 cup of berries over the top of the batter. Carefully place the pan back in the oven, in the same spot without sloshing the batter around in the pan.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes until the edges are toasty and golden and puffy. Remove from the oven and allow the pancake to deflate before Sprinkling with lemon, powdered sugar and more berries. If you want it extra good add some cool whip!