4 Reasons Why I Bottle Feed
4 Reasons Why I Bottle Feed! Every mom and baby is different, so there shouldn’t be a one-size-fits-all approach to nourishing our kids. Here’s what I do!
It’s not easy being a mom, there are SO many decisions to be made and everyone has their opinion about everything. When I was pregnant with my first baby, I got so much unsolicited advice that I was completely overwhelmed!
I wanted to do the absolute best I could for my baby, so I read what felt like a gazillion articles about motherhood including breastfeeding, diapers, parenting, sleep training, strollers, car seats, swings, and swaddling…the list goes on and on.
Now that I’m on my fourth baby, I feel a lot more confident in my decisions, but I have always really struggled with breastfeeding.
Here’s the deal. I have always had a hard time producing enough milk for my babies. I have power-pumped, taken extra herbs and vitamins that my doctor prescribed, filled my body with healthy foods and TONS of water and I was still struggling to keep up with my baby. I felt frustrated and, at times, I felt like a failure.
I know I’m not alone.
The thing is, we don’t have to feel this way! Breastfeeding is beautiful and amazing, and it is the best nutrition for your baby, but thankfully it’s not the only way to nourish your baby.
Let’s talk about the benefits of bottle feeding since not everyone can breastfeed. Here are some reasons why I have chosen to bottle feed.
- Bottle feeding is AWESOME because it helps me to get a little more sleep at night. My husband and I can take turns caring for our sweet little Ivie! This leads me to my next point…
- Bottle feeding allows my husband to bond with our baby. Something about snuggling and rocking a baby in the middle of the night is incredible, and I love that he can experience it.
- I’ve finally found a great formula that’s close to breast milk! Enspire™ by Enfamil® made it easier for me to make the switch to formula because they have utilized comprehensive breast milk research and made Enspire™ the closest formula to breast milk that Enfamil® makes! Enspire™ by Enfamil® has MFGM, Lactoferrin, and DHA for a nutritional profile that narrows the compositional gap between formula and breast milk. I also love that it’s NON GMO*!!
* Ingredients not genetically engineered. For more information visit Enspireformula.com/nonGMO
4. Bottle-feeding makes me feel confident knowing that my baby will take a bottle and that I can leave her with my husband or family while I travel for work.