Matt and I love barbecue. It is literally my favorite food! I’ve always loved ribs and and brisket. We have been trying to master ribs for awhile. We have even looked into getting a smoker but we after some research, and some advice from a good friend. These were seriously stupid good! Give these fall off the bone ribs a chance.
4 to 5 pounds baby back ribs
1 cup of your favorite spice rub (we used Weber Dry Smoking Rub)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup honey
1 stick of butter
Favorite BBQ sauce
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and set a cooling rack on top. This helps cook the ribs equally on all sides.
2. Wash off the ribs and then pat dry with a paper towel. Next remove the white membrane on the back of the ribs. It should pull off in one piece.
3. Sprinkle the dry rub and pat gently to make sure the rub adheres to the rib meat. Note: You can do this the day before for better flavor. You will want to wrap the seasoned ribs in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
4. Heat the broiler in the oven and place on the oven rack a few inches below the heating element. Make sure the meaty side of the ribs is facing up. Broil the ribs for 5 to 7 minutes, until the dry rub is bubbling and the ribs are evenly browned.
5. Bake the ribs at 225 degrees. Move the ribs to an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Roast for about 3 hours. At about 1 1/2 hours wrap in tin foil to protect them from drying out, this is when you spread the butter, brown sugar and honey on top of the ribs and then seal off the ribs to keep the juices in.
6. Pull out the ribs and preheat the grill to medium high. This is just to char the outside and glaze the bbq sauce to the ribs.
7. Brush the barbecue sauce cook for an additional 15 minutes. Glazing every 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Let ribs rest for 10 minutes and then cut and serve immediately!
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “lologi08-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “My Amazon Picks”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “49bdecc415ed7c9825076be09fa58ccc”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B00TPAE1JW,B00ZBC0EQ2,B01C3ZTMX0,B01AKQ98MO”;