Bread is my weakness. I simply can’t’ get enough, if I didn’t know that it made me fat I would eat only that for the rest of my life. There are so many different kinds and so much deliciousness to be eaten. When Matt and I first were married we started our own sourdough start and we love it we can’t wait until it’s perfect. We went to Disneyland California Adventure and we ate at their sourdough bread factory, I think it was called Pacific Wharf Cafe. Anyways, we felt we got the best deal there for food. It was fresh and we were full all day, so we went back 2 days in a row. Delicious. This made me want sourdough, so we came up with this little recipe to calm our cravings.
1/2 cup sourdough starter
3 cups bread flour
1 packet of instant yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 large egg
5 tablespoons butter, softened
2/3 cup lukewarm water
1. Combine all of the dough ingredients in a stand mixer. Mix and knead using a dough hook on dough cycle speed. To make soft and smooth dough.
2. Place the dough in a lightly greased container – an 8 cup measure works well here and allow the dough to rise for 1 1/2 hours until it’s doubled in size.
3. Punch down the dough, and transfer it to a lightly greased work surface. Roll and pat the dough into a rough rectangle about 12″ wide by 16″ long. Put 2 tablespoons of butter on the top of the rectangle. Start with the long side and roll the dough into a log.
4. Cut into 1 inch slices until dental floss to loop around the dough and pull tight. Lightly grease 2- 8 inch round pans.
5. Cover pans and let the buns rise for 60 minutes, until they’re noticeably puffy. Towards the end of the rising time preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
6. Uncover the pans and brush the buns with melted butter. Then bake for 22 to 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven when they are slightly golden brown. Eat them while they are warm! Enjoy!
Your Closest CHEERLEADERS! We are your big sisters , cheerleaders , and confidence boosters in building a happy home. We are the Lou Lou Girls!
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.