Bacon Cheeseburger Slow Cooker Soup
I have been on a soup kick as of late. Being cold is the worst thing on the planet. I know you can always put more clothes on when it’s cold and you can only take off so many clothes and be socially acceptable in public when it’s hot, but I would rather be hot.
Which begs the question of why I would pick to coach a spring sport outside. It’s usually freezing for the first month. Therefore, we are warming up this week with some warm soup!
1 pound ground beef
1 cup onions, diced
2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
6 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 cup of carrots, chopped
2 cups potatoes, cubed
8 oz of cream cheese, cubed
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
4-5 garlic diced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1. Start by sautéing onions, garlic, and brown the meat until it is no longer pink.
2. Next combine all ingredients EXCEPT for the shredded cheddar cheese, milk, and flour.
3. Stir to combine ingredients. Cook and cook on low in the crockpot for 7 hours.
4. When there are 10 minutes left you are going to add a thickener and your cheese. To make the thickener, combine milk and flour. Whisk until all clumps are gone.
5. Uncover crockpot and stir in shredded cheese and milk/flour mixture. Cover and cook for the remaining 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.