Are you ready for some football this weekend? My son Ben, reminded me that it was the big game and we needed to get our menu ready for the big event! My husband has always loved football, and when my older kids were little, the only one who would watch with him is my Cassie. Both of my boys played football growing up and that just made me love the game even more.
It has become a family holiday watching the Super bowl, and now that all my kids love to cook it becomes quite the celebration. The big game is filled with amazing moments that matter, not only on the field, but off too when I get to be surrounded by my family. You can make the most out of those moments and serve up food that enhances the experience to make it all the more memorable- like a delicious, fresh-baked DIGIORNO Original Rising Crust pizza right from your own oven. The great thing about DIGIORNO Original Rising Crust pizza is that it’s so easy to prepare but taste like you made it yourself! All you have to do is preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake it for 23 to 25 minutes!
- Invite your family and friends! That seems like a no brainer but no guests, no party!
- Clean the house: Don’t wait until the last minute because you know that will stress you out!
- Set up the party: Set up the tables and chairs that you will need, and then decorate with decorations that have the team names and colors.
- Go shopping for the food and drinks: You can ask people to bring food to the party, and that makes it exciting. Each of my adult kids are bringing their favorite party dish, and with such a big family that really helps and makes memories.
- Organize the food: It doesn’t need to be fancy but you want it easy for your guest to be able to get to the food without interrupting the viewing of the game.
- Make your guest feel at home: It always fun to have everyone put their predictions into a bowl and see who is the closet at the end of the game or rate the commercials.
When the pressure’s on and you need to score big, you want someone in your corner to help you #maketherightcall – someone like linebacker, Clay Matthews.
Ahead of the Big Game, Clay Matthews will star in a series of new videos, “Typical Game Day Party Guests.” to coach you through winning big with your game day experience by serving DIGIORNO.
- In the series, Clay Matthews joins social media stars DeStorm Power, Colleen Evans and Ray William Johnson in a hilarious look at how to #maketherightcall at game day gatherings.
- For more tips on how to #maketherightcall, or to view the “Typical Game Day Party Guests” video series, visit the DIGIORNO® Twitter page @DiGiornoPizza or Youtube.com/DiGiornopizzas.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.